Schlafedukation – our courses
The basic course consists of the first four modules and provides the most important knowledge for achieving and maintaining healthy and restful sleep.
Additional modules can be booked as required.
Regardless of the number of modules, the course is usually held virtually. The advantages of the virtual space allow participants to ask questions, some of them very personal, in a simple way. Each module lasts 75 minutes (60 + 15 minutes). Although the focus is on imparting knowledge during the first 60 minutes, participants can and should be able to ask questions at any time. This creates the character of a course, i.e. the interactive teaching is based on the emotional component. The last 15 minutes are used for an intensive exchange of ideas - this is where open questions are answered.
- Which hormones regulate my sleep-wake cycle?
- What chronotype do I have and how can I easily determine it?
- Why do we sleep at all? What is the point?
- How long should I sleep?
- What are the most sensible rules of conduct during the day and at night?
- How can I break the vicious cycle of sleep disorders?
- Is snoring a risk factor for nocturnal breathing interruptions?
- What are the most common sleep-related medical conditions that can prevent me from sleeping soundly?
- Which questionnaires can I use quickly and easily to find out my risk of the disease in question?
- How does caffeine work exactly?
- Why can sleeping pills be harmful?
- Does alcohol not only help me fall asleep but also stay asleep well?
- What are the main symptoms of shift worker syndrome?
- What behaviors should I consider in order to maintain a restful sleep during shift work?
- What treatment options are there, if necessary?
- Why do we dream?
- What is the main difference between deep sleep and dream sleep?
- How can lucid dreaming help me?
- Why can I lose weight better by sleeping better?
- How should I eat if I want to get a good night’s sleep?
- Does exercise improve my sleep – and if so, how much exercise?
- Which groups of sleep trackers are available on the market?
- How good and accurate are sleep trackers anyway?
- Why are there also disadvantages in use, what are the dangers?